Inventory management is designed for tight inventory level control. The system tracks inventory quantities, costs, prices and vendors to provide businesses with on-line inventory information that is mission critical in any industry. Information from how an item is acquired, to what is available to sell decides how successfully your organization can operate.
What are the primary purposes of an Inventory Management system?
- Track On-Hand Quantities - Track on-hand quantities of each item in each warehouse/bin, including lot quantities when applicable, so you can find items when you need them and always know exactly how many you have.
- Track Demands and Sources - Track current and future demands and sources of an item so you know how much of an item you can sell, based on the promise date, or consume in the manufacturing/kitting process. Also so you know how much of an item you need to purchase or produce based on the unfulfilled demand and the lead time.
- Track Costing Information - Carillon automatically tracks the last received PO cost and the next due in PO cost. It also allows you to choose from FIFO, weighted average, or standard cost for your inventory accounting method.
- Track Historical Usage - Carillon stores detailed usage information, which you can analyze with Excel, OLAP, or nearly any report writer. Graphical usage information is also available by item.
ATS Dashboard, which allows appropriate personnel the ability to access Available To Sell (ATS) information is also a unique feature of Carillon ERP's inventory element. ATS Dashboard will tell you how much of a product you'll have on the promise date after considering all the demands and supplies for that item. Not only will it factor in what is physically in your warehouse, but also future production, other sales orders, receipts, lead time, planned transfers and shipments.
Carillon’s Inventory Management system allows you to have:
- Unlimited Branches (the use of branches is optional)
- Unlimited Locations (warehouses or areas within a branch)
- Unlimited Bins (bin usage is optional by item and by location)
- Unlimited Lots (lot tracking is optional by item and by location)
- Unlimited Serial Numbers (serial number tracking is optional by item and by location)
In addition, you can:
- Track Weights and Volume - Track the gross weight, net weight, purchasing weight, and cube for an item
- Assign Substitute Items - Keep track of unlimited substitute items
- Track Drawings - Indicate the location of a drawing of the item
- Define Unit of Measure Conversions - Carillon allows you to define global unit of measure conversions (i.e. 3 feet of this pipe weighs 2 pounds)
- Auto-Generate Purchase Orders or Production Orders - Indicate on the item master if purchase orders or production orders for this item should be automatically generated when a sales order is placed for the item
- Track Suppliers - Assign unlimited suppliers for each item along with the suppliers' item IDs and descriptions
- Track Old Item IDs - Keep track of old or obsolete item IDs for an item
- Add a picture - Upload a digital image of an item to be available in the Order Entry window
- Bin Transfers - Easily transfer items from one bin to another
- Warehouse Transfers - Easily transfer items from one location to another and track the items in transit
When used in conjunction with Carillon's Production Order Management system, you can also:
- Build Kits or Assemblies - Carillon supports unlimited levels in your Bill of Materials
- Include Tasks and Workcenters - include operations (tasks done in workcenters) in your Bill of Materials
- Configure Items at Order Entry - Create custom kits or assemblies during the Order Entry process
- Build Kits or Assemblies - Carillon supports unlimited levels in your Bill of Materials Include Tasks and Workcenters - include operations (tasks done in workcenters) in your Bill of Materials Configure Items at Order Entry - Create custom kits or assemblies during the Order Entry process