Purchase Order Processing
Carillon ERP's Purchase Order functionality allows companies to maintain consistent stock levels, improve merchandise quality and minimize costs by increasing accuracy and efficiency in your purchasing department. Purchase Order allows companies to deal with real-world situations like partial shipments, combined shipments or delayed invoices. Goods will no longer sit on the loading dock while employees sift through piles of paperwork.
Purchase Order allows for tracking of each item down to the smallest detail. For example, users can indicate if an item was acquired at a discount, and, whether or not savings should be passed on to your customers.
Purchase Order also provides a separate payment for freight. This payment can be made to either the vendor or the carrier.
Tightly integrated throughout the entire Carillon ERP system, Purchase Order updates the General Ledger, giving an accurate view of your companies' bottom line at any given time in financial statements and other reports. Inventory includes incoming purchase orders when calculating the true "Available to Sell" amount. Your inventory levels will always be accurately portrayed through the on-line integration of Purchase Order and Inventory.
When items are received, purchase orders are converted to vouchers, automatically updating Accounts Payable. With Carillon ERP, you save time and money through on-line information and accurate reports. Open Purchase Order reports can be generated both by Account and by Vendor.
This well-rounded, state of the art Purchase Order functionality will help guide any organization as it streamlines the process of ordering, receiving, and paying for everything your company needs to operate efficiently.
The primary purpose of a purchasing system is to facilitate:
- Deciding what to buy - Gather unfulfilled demand information from the inventory management system and (considering unfulfilled demand, lead times, minimum order quantities, and maximum stocking levels) assist the purchasing agent in ordering cost-effective quaantities of items from suppliers.
- Obtaining authorization - Provide a mechanism whereby requisitions can be approved by the appropriate personnel (depending on the personnel placing the requisition and the cost of the requisitioned item).
- The secure issuance of purchase orders - Allow authorized personnel to make approved purchases of inventory and non-onventory items from approved suppliers as efficiently as possible.
- Communicating - Effectively communicate purchase orders, change orders, and cancellation orders to suppliers timely and effectively using the suppliers' item IDs and descriptions when necessary or appropriate.
- Requisition process
- Saes order integration
- Security-based approval process
- Change orders
- Fax/email capability
- Variance tracking
- Direct ship
- Three-way matching
- Unlimited suppliers per item
- Support for suppliers' item IDs and descriptions
- Open PO visibility
- Previous cost visibility
- Multiple warehouse/location support
- Unlimited notes capability
- Unit of measure conversion
- Multiple date tracking
- Non-inventory purchase orders
- PO drill-down capability